I Like Me – Activity #1: “Good News Wishing Well”
Activity #1: “Good News Wishing Well”
This is a social skill development activity. Students identify and express positive things about themselves, including why they like themselves.
- Chart paper
- Felt pens
- Sentence stem (provided)
- Black paper, slightly larger than sentence stems
- 1 piece light blue 11 x 17 inch paper
- 1 paper wishing well (black) (template provided)
- 1 piece of 3 x 7 inch black paper
- 1 piece of 3 x 7 inch burlap
- 1 piece of green paper
- 1 piece of red paper
- 1 piece of brown paper
- 1 piece 4 x 4 inch brown paper
- 1 piece 4 x 4 inch yellow paper
- Wool or heavy thread, 4 inches long
- Scraps of orange, yellow, and red paper
- Cut the coloured paper/burlap pieces for each student
Step by Step:
Step One: Write the heading, “Good News” at the top of the chart paper and review the many thing that the character in the story liked about herself.
- She was her own best friend.
- She could draw beautiful pictures.
- She could ride a bicycle fast.
- She could take care of herself by brushing her teeth, eating good food and keeping clean.
- She liked the way she looked with her tiny feet.
- When she felt bad, she could cheer herself up.
- She liked being who she was.
Step Two: On the same (or new) chart paper, write the sentence stem “I like myself because…” and have the students brainstorm things that they like about themselves.
- Examples: “I like myself because… I am helpful, I have long hair, I finish all my work, I am a good friend, etc.”
Step Three: Provide the students with the sentence stems and have them finish the sentence on their own.
Step Four: Provide each student with all the necessary pieces of construction paper.
Step Five: Create the background first:
- Students tear a circle from the yellow paper to form the shape of a sun.
- Students tear scraps of orange, yellow & red paper to make the rays of the sunshine
- Students tear the green paper into 1 inch horizontal strips to create grass.
- Glue each of these components to the large light blue paper. Some of the blue paper should show through to be the sky.
Step Six: Students horizontally glue the 3 x 7 inch black paper onto scene near the middle of the page.
Step Seven: Students glue the 3 x 7 inch piece of burlap on top of the black paper. This completes the roof of the well.
Step Eight: Students tear the red and brown paper to form the outside wall of the wishing well. Students alternate the red and brown pieces to make a pattern. A couple inches below the roof, students glue these pieces on to form the wall of the well.
Step Nine: Students cut a small bucket out of the 4 x 4 inch brown paper.
Step Ten: Students glue the bucket to their well, using piece of wool or heavy thread as the rope coming from the bucket to the top of the wishing well.
Step Eleven: Students glue their sentence stem onto black paper and then glue to the bottom of their wishing wells.
A Good News Wishing Well in an outdoor scene that happily indicates what the students like about themselves.
1 - I Like Me #1
ChatCrypto is building a high performance AI Bot which is CHATGPT of CRYPTO.
We are launching the Worlds first deflationary Artificial Intelligence token (CHATCRYPTOTOKEN) which will be used as a payment gateway to license
Join the Chatcrypto community today with peace of mind and happiness, as registering for an account will reward you with 1600 Chatcrypto tokens (CCAIT) for free
Project link https://bit.ly/41Fp0jc
Not only that, for every person you refer to Chatcrypto, you’ll earn an additional 1600 tokens for free.
68382 0374 Ramipril Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA Inc buy cialis online with a prescription After completion of reaction, reaction mixture was cooled to room temperature, transferred in water and product was extracted with ethyl acetate