Because Brian Hugged His Mother – Activity #1: "Cause & Effect"
Activity #1: “Cause & Effect”
The purpose of this activity is to have the students recall the events of the story, while visually focusing on cause and effect. This can be a lengthy activity and can be completed over the course of several days if needed.
- Story Text handout (provided)
- Cause & Effect Booklet (provided)
- Overhead transparency and Overhead projector/screen. Or alternatively a document camera/ipad with an LED projector
- Print enough Story Text handouts for each student
- Print enough Cause & Effect Booklets for each student
- Copy the first page of the Cause & Effect Booklet onto an overhead transparency if using this method of projecting onto screen.
Step by Step:
Step One: Students first read through the story from their Story Text handout on their own, highlighting who did what and the resulting effect.
Step Two: Teacher then goes through the story with the students and reviews what they should have highlighted.
Step Three: Displaying the first page of the Cause & Effect Booklet on the overhead projector or other method of choice, the teacher completes the first few ‘causes’ and ‘effects’ by writing the corresponding sentences from story into the appropriate bubbles.
Step Four: Students copy the teacher’s examples in the appropriate bubbles on their individual booklets.
Step Five: Students continue to work independently (or in pairs) to complete all the Cause & Effect bubbles through to the end of the story, referring to their Story Text handouts.
A near re-written story where students summarized the sequence of events to gain a better understanding of kindness and citizenship.
3 - Brian Hugged #1
brand name cialis online Understanding and Optimizing the Patient Experience in Breast Reconstruction