Can I Play Too – Activity #2: "Bus Load of Friends"
Activity #2: “Bus Load of Friends”
- Bus template (provided)
- ‘Little Person’ template (provided)
- Stiff tag board
- 15cm (6 inch) pieces of yarn
- Crayons, felt markers, or paints
- Yellow and black paper from roll
- Black Paper
- Story Animal Templates
- Enlarge the bus to the size of a bulletin board (using the overhead projector). Trace the bus onto large sheet of yellow paper. Cut along the outside of the bus, including large holes for windows.
- Use the black paper to cut two wheels for the bus. Attach the yellow bus and wheels to bulletin board.
- Trace or print enough ‘little people’ on stiff tag board for each child in the class. Cut out. (Or children can do this).
- Prepare enough 6 inch pieces of yarn so each child has two pieces.
Step by Step:
- Step One: Have each child colour/paint a ‘little person’, including the face.
- Step Two: Have children glue the yarn pieces on as hair.
- Step Three: Pin the various ‘little people’ to the window areas of the bus.
- Optional: Adult helpers use a glue gun to attach the yarn for the hair.
A large school bus filled with smiling children side-by-side inside the windows.
Fun with Fin:
Print and cut out a Fin image to an appropriate size. Include Fin in a window of the bus with all the little people. Cut out a Piggie, Gerald (Elephant), or Snake image from stiff tag board. Have some students decorate and include them in a window of the bus with all the little people.
K - Can I Play Too #2