Because Brian Hugged His Mother – David L. Rice
Because Brian Hugged His Mother
Written by David L. Rice
Brian hugged his mother one morning for no special reason, other than because he just felt like it. Brian’s hug set in motion a series of unselfish acts that reached many people, and even animals.
This is a heartwarming story of “paying it forward” where one act of kindness lead to another and then another and so on. It demonstrates how a simple act of kindness may go further than one thinks and how one person can make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- stock clerk
- unusually friendly
- Hold up the book, read the title and ask the students:
- What do you think the book is about?
- Do you think one person can say or do something that could make a difference in the life of another person?
- What are some examples of how or when this might happen?
- How do you feel inside when someone does something kind or says something nice?
- Do you act differently when you feel positive or good inside?
- As you read the story, highlight the feeling words and provide reminders about how feeling good inside can make one behave in a positive manner towards others.
- Explain that how we feel inside often determines how we think, what we say and how we act toward others. This can be either positive or negative.
- When we feel good inside, we tend to have a positive impact on others. In turn, a positive impact on someone will cause that person to have a positive impact on someone else.
- Emphasize that there are many ways to make a positive impact: body language, what we say & how we say it, as well as how we behave or act.
One day I visited a school and the teachers and children were very kind and giving to me. They included me in their story time and then we did a craft together. All the children and the teacher thanked me for coming and gave me a high five when I left.
- How do you feel after doing a kind act for or to someone?
- Why is it important to give?
- Can you think of something that someone has done for you and made you feel good inside?
The Exercise Ex Group showed higher expression of PGC1О±, PPARОґ, pNKCC1, and tNKCC1 than the No Exercise noEx Group buy cialis pro