ABCD Fin Sock-Puppets
ABCD Fin Sock-Puppets
Students will use ABCD Sock-Puppets to act out ways to solve conflicts. These puppets can be used all year to practice different ways to solve conflicts. This sock-puppet is of an orca whale (Fin), but feel free to be creative and use different décor to make any creature you’d like.
- Large black socks – the bigger, the better (1 per student)
- White & black felt/fabric
- Black fabric tracers (provided)
- White fabric tracers (provided)
- Red felt fabric
- Bristol board
- White glue
- Googly eyes (2 per student)
- Needle & thread or glue gun
- Cut enough 4 x 4 inch circles out of the Bristol board for each student
- Cut enough sets of black and white fabric for each student
STEP BY STEP:
Step One: Students fold their circle in half.
Step Two: Students apply glue all the way around the edges of the circle and push it into the end of the sock. Trim circle smaller if necessary.
- Make sure it’s stuck to the toe-end of the sock. Let dry.
Step Three: Students glue the white fabric onto their sock:
- Long narrow piece (A) goes onto the underside/belly of the whale
- Round piece (B) goes under the mouth/chin area
- Two small ovals (C) go on the side of the face/eye area
Step Four: Students glue the black fabric pieces onto their sock:
- Glue each pair of flippers (D) together, making two thick flippers. Leave the wide ends apart. Let dry.
- Glue the two pieces of fin (E) together, making one thick fin. Leave the wide ends apart. Let dry.
- Once the flippers are dry, separate the wide ends, and glue them to the sides of the sock.
- Once the fin is dry, separate the wide ends, and glue it to the top, middle section of the sock.
- Glue the tale (F) on the top, back of the sock.
Step Five: Student cut a thin strip of red fabric (tongue) and glue inside the mouth.
Step Six: Teacher sews or glue guns the googly eyes onto the head.
A Fin Sock-Puppet that can be used to practice problem solving. They can be stored in a large basket in Fin’s Peaceful Place so that students can role play or practice using the puppets to solve problems.
Intro - Fin Tracer
Second, we will review the recent literature on the effects of alcohol on body growth, circadian mechanism and the pancreas levitra online pharmacy com 10 21 2016